Monday, November 14, 2011

Worthy Reblog

We were made to give!

The whole world has it backwards. We’re taught our whole lives that we should “take what we can get” and that marriage is about how someone makes you feel and how compatible they are with you.

but Jesus says “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35) He says, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10)

Satan wants to take. Because he wants to be above God, who is the all and all, so he cannot ever earn anything by receiving it, he has to steal it.

But it is the NATURE of the God we were created in the image of to give.

love is giving. Jesus says that, “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)I receive from God because Jesus died that I would be reunited with Him. I am one with Him. He gives, I receive so I can give. I receive from Him because He is above all and in all, and everything I have comes from Him. But He is my Father and I am not an orphan, so I do not have to steal or work or beg. He gives, and I give what He gives.

I never need to take from anyone because in Him I have enough and I am enough. I love by giving. I live to give.

That’s why we, as people, even exist. Because God is a giving God. He loves. He gives. it’s who He is. God is love. And we were created that He might give of Himself completely, again and again. Love gives of itself because it does not need fear lack. We have rivers of living water flowing through us. We have the Holy Spirit. We will never run out. ”Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 5:10)You are free to freely love.

No comments:

Post a Comment