Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Sho-mance" Please

I joke with my roommates about wanting a "Shoemaker Romance" because of (The Shoemakers) a couple I know of who met on a random isle in Life Way and got married four months later. They are the most in love people I've ever met, and their marriage radiates the Father like a flashing billboard. It struck me so much so, that it stripped my want for anything less than a love like theirs. Do I expect to actually meet my husband in Life Way, No. (Although if I do, it will be rather funny)Anyway, this is me documenting to all, that I have told God and I am special requesting a "Sho-mance" as I am going to dub it. Which means the it will go a little something like... Hi, I've been waiting for you, and in that moment I am absolutely positive I've found the one God has always meant for me.

Truthfully, it's probably not going to happen like that but as they say, "ask not and recieve not.." I met a girl tonight who said she met her husband when she was on a business trip with her mom in Nashville. She was from California so being in south was like a vacation and meeting her husband (a guy from Alabama) was the last thing she expected. Standing on a balcony over looking the hotel lobby from serveral floors up, she spotted a guy she thought was just too good looking so she rode the elevator down and walked through the lobby to see if he would notice her... he did. They stayed up all night talking and six months later they got engaged. Another "sho-mance"...I really hope my story is half that cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment