Saturday, June 4, 2011

There is a Harvest and it is for you.

Still haven't wanted to write much lately. It's almost as if making the transition to a more professional blogging state made it seem less fun and relaxing as it originally was for me. I think I could get to that place but I just haven't figured out the right formula just yet.

On a totally different note, I have a new thought, it's not totally original so don't give me too much credit. Let me explain it in "kendall terms". I had this misconception that everything you do that is "good" or "for God" should be done with the expectation of recieving nothing in return. I thought that you should just always live this sacrificing and servant life and if you aren't then you are selfish. Which is completely unrealistic to the average human being like myself and probably makes you feel like crap if you think too much. Here's the deal though, God is not like that. In Galatians 6:9 It says we will reap a harvest if we do not give up! Well, that tells me two important things: 1. There is a harvest 2. We are totally allowed to expect one.

You know, in my life, that changes things. God does not want us to end up sad, alone, and lacking. No, actually He wants us to love, share, be joyful in all situations (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) andddd reap a harvest. He wants us to prosper and, guess what?... We are allowed to want that as well(3 John 1:2). As long as we are living and trusting our lives with His will, there is no shame in being blessed. Funny how God is never the guy we make Him out to be, always cooler, always better, always beyond expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment