Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Elisabeth Elliot Quotes

A short explanation for this is that Elisabeth Elliot is my hero. She lived a very holy and honorable life, one which I have admired for several years now. If you don't know who she is -- Google her. :)

"The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem much worse, but in the end it's going to be a lot better, and a lot bigger."

"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering. The love of God did not protect His own Son and He will not necessarily protect us from anything it takes to make us more like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into that process"

"Let not your longings slay your appetite for living"

"Self-pity is a death that has no resurrection, a sinkhole from which no helping hand can drag you out, because you have chosen to sink."

Another woman I admire, Christa Black says,
"I can't change the weather, but I can change whether or not I am going to smile."

----Such a simple thought, but I love it. It will be found painted or posted somewhere in my future house, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment