Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Once Upon a Time


Once upon a time I laid eyes on the cutest boy I'd ever seen. He was shy and never said too much but he was charming in that way. He made me laugh I mean he knew how to REALLY make me laugh. I instantly loved everything about him. I couldn't wait to just be around him. For years we did everything together. I made him go shopping with me and watch dumb chick flicks. He would read me recruiting stats and we'd watch espn for hours or sit around just laughing about who knows what. I wanted whatever he wanted and he wanted whatever I wanted. It was intoxicating and overwhelming at times. I literally would come in from dates and would have to regulate my heart rate when I closed my front door. I couldn't even have a conversation without somehow inserting his name. He was my best friend and his presence made my life better.

Why am I telling you this? I promise I'm getting somewhere. While I am not still involved in this relationship, it clearly left a major imprint. One that I cannot forget or erase. I was physically and mentally changed, never to be the same. For a few short years I got a glimpse of a love that many people spend their whole lives searching for. With that said, is that not how God longs for us to feel about Him? Does He not want us to be so in love with Him that it's intoxicating, that we just want what He wants. That we can't talk without bringing Him up. That no matter what we are doing, we want Him to be a part of it. I believe that. I also believe that if a human relationship can be so altering on another human, then a relationship with the creator of all things should certainly leave an imprint, one so deep it can NEVER be forgotten or erased. How can you claim to have a relationship with Christ and not experience these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment