Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Beginning

I went to dinner with my parents a few days ago and the Lord really showed me what He is doing in them with a simple moment that night. Our family is at a very bitter sweet place in our journey and in the midst of what should be the worst, my parents smiled at me. From across our little booth at Applebee's, they showed me just how much faith this family is built on. My dad, what a sweet man, I couldn't love him more, his smile warmed me as he told me about quitting his job last week and taking the leap of faith. God wants him else where. He said, "Kendall, this is a new beginning for us." My mom smiled back at my dad and then at me and in that moment, I realized that God himself had sent fire to keep a flame glowing that I thought had every reason to burn out. What a beautiful thing it is when you realize that all the little pieces you thought could never be put back together somehow fit perfectly because His will is always perfect.

If you keep up with my blog, a while ago I wrote about God sending fire and lighting an alter of damp wood to prove that He Is in 1 Kings 18. For weeks I was so focused on whether my life was damp wood or not that I forgot the end of the story. It didn't matter the state of the wood. God was going to send fire, and even the most inflammable would be ignited.

Thank you Lord. You are faithful til the end.

I can't fancy what God has up His sleeve, but I know it's wonderful, because that is what He is. The church I was lead to start attending and later joined in Tuscaloosa is also called New Beginning, and I have no doubt I'm there because He wants me there. What that means and why I don't have the slightest clue but He does and that is enough.

'God said, "My presence will go with you, I will see the journey to the end."' -Exodus 33:14

No comments:

Post a Comment