Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jesus Didn't Play Around

A friend really painted a vivid picture of the disciples for me yesterday and I cannot stop meditating on it. The thought is if we are called to be disciples, which let me go off on a quick tangent.. When I say called to be disciples I don't mean people who claim they know the name Jesus. Those are the same people who put "christian" on their Facebook religious views so that people will consider them a "good person". That, ladies and gentlemen is NOT a disciple. Sorry.

Jesus said if you want to be MY disciple you will love me more than anything in this world including your family. Don't believe me? Matthew 10:37-38 says, "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me, and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me."

I don't know about you but the church I grew up in pretty much watered it down so that you could live a normal life and still feel like you were worthy of heaven. NO. Jesus says it plain as day. If you love things of this world more than me than you are not worthy of me. Jesus was not a crowd pleaser. He never begged anyone to follow him. Jesus knew who His father was and he didn't waste time begging those of no faith. God said they have to choice to follow you or not and if they choose not to then continue on. Those who chose to follow were to surrender EVERYTHING... not a little, not just one bad habit.. EVERYTHING, take up the cross and follow. That is a disciple.

With that said, I feel extremely convicted by own behavior. I cannot claim to be a follower of Christ and live the life of this world. I grew up trusting man's words to guide my step and those steps were wrong.

1 comment:

  1. THATS GOOD KENDALL!!!!
    You are such a beautiful woman.. .and I TRUELY look up to you and admire you FOR YOUR FAITH in the Our God! You know the right steps to take now so let go of the man's words you heard growing up and KNOW THAT YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE with the words of The Lord! ;) i love you!

    ReplyDelete