Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Break my heart for what breaks Yours.

Once again, it's one of those times where I should be doing some homework but instead I'm choosing to blog. Any way can't stop thinking about my kids from the bus ministry I just got involved with. Basically people from church bus in kids from all the government housing in Tuscaloosa and we get to love on them and teach them about Jesus. Pretty awesome right? Any way, I'm not technically a teacher, more like an aid since I'm a newbie, so I spend my time in there not teaching but rather just getting to know the kids. (Side note: it's like 20-30 3rd & 4th grade girls) Tonight, I got to read what some of the girls wrote on their prayer requests. To give you some perspective: one read,

"Please pretect me and my family and I pray we have food on the table next week."

Another read,

"Please help the people that are homeless like my friend Jess and help them to find somewhere to go."

How can your heart not break? I got to talk to one girl for a few minutes and she preceeded to tell me how her, her brother, and her grandmother all share one bed. She said she likes to sleep at the foot of the bed though and pretend she has her own. I could only smile and hug her. How sweet was this little girl who was so happy to have so little. I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment