Thursday, October 7, 2010

I get small God syndrome

Today, was one of those days where you think everything is in place, then you start to freak out and wonder if something is going wrong and you don't realize it and blah blah blah.... yes, I am very analytical. I do that thing where you think too hard and freak yourself out. Only, I never tell anyone that I'm freaking out, in fact you would probably never know that I am like that unless you can read minds or you clearly read my blog. Anyway, I do have a point.. which is.. that recently I've found that the only way to chill myself out, is to realize that I am simply having momentary "small God syndrome". I like to define it as moments where someone lacks the faith in the intangibly large God that we serve. Seriously, think about it. I know I do it daily.. probably multiple times a day if I'm being really honest. God, You're a big guy. I'm sorry I doubt You sometimes... You know I'll snap out of it after a few minutes.

(totally separate thought)

Went to lunch with my daddy today. If he were in college, I'm pretty sure we'd be bestfriends. I love talking to my dad. I don't think I could lie to that man if I tried, but that's how I like it. I never have to hide anything from him, which makes it easy for him to be honest with me. We have a great father-daughter relationship and I'm thankful for that. He seriously holds our family together and I will always respect him for never complaining, never quitting and always praying. He's the kind of person that never asks for anything but deserves everything. If the man I marry is anything like him, I'll be a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment