Friday, October 22, 2010

Can I be just a girl for a minute?

I need to be a girl for just a minute. I don't typically write stuff like this because..well, mainly I feel dumb when I read it days later, but whatever. As the later part of my college years are well underway, all of my best friends have begun the pairing off process and are starting to get into serious relationships. Me, on the other hand, single, no prospects. You know it really wasn't even a thought or concern, and rightfully so, until fairly recently. Truthfully I can say yes I am happy and I am not particularly looking for someone to date, but there are those nights where everyone is paired off and I find myself in a drift of thoughts from previous relationships and the giddy joy from feeling loved by another. Luckily, I can snap myself out of it and hope that I don't say something sarcastic about annoying PDA or other comments that would come from a bitter lonely person. Which, I don't want to sound like because I don't consider myself all that lonely.

It's not that I long for someone or need someone to make me happy, it's more so that I miss being a girlfriend and getting to be a part of someone else's life in that way. I miss having a best friend that I loved so much it made me feel ridiculous sometimes. I miss knowing that at the end of a bad day I was a phone call away from an "i love you" and a good laugh. I look forward to finding that again, whenever that may be, but I'd be lying if I said I never think about it or hope that it's coming soon. Of course, I shouldn't waste time on such thoughts but again I am a girl and that's how we are. So, sorry you had to read my more emotional side. Venting feels good every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment