Wednesday, October 20, 2010

God's a funny guy, I like Him

If you are analytical like myself, then you've probably thought so hard about things God does in your life that you loose the fact that He has just moved. For example (I wanted to blog about this a couple days ago but haven't gotten to sit down till just now)....probably eight months ago, I had a lot on my mind about what I wanted and what I thought God wanted and if I was good enough to be telling people about Jesus if I didn't have all the right answers..ect, so in the middle of my shower Isaiah 43:12 came to me. Which to some of you, may not sound that cool but background info.. I am not a bible guru and I am terrible about memorizing scripture and verses do not just "come to me"..ever. So, I thought to myself.. I wonder if there is even 43 books in Isaiah? Even if there are, is there a twelfth verse? Would it mean anything to me? Needless to say I spent way too long thinking about why and how this particular verse popped in my head.. for those too lazy to look it up.. it says:

"I have revealed, and saved and proclaimed,
I am not some foreign god among you.
You are my witness, declares the LORD, that I am God."

While I know we shouldn't give God humanly characteristics, I think He has a sense of humor, at least when He talks to me. I'm sure He laughs at me all the time. I laugh at myself all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment