Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Love So Sweet

Something I've realized about myself is that I've been going about my life trying to live up to all the misconceptions about myself. That I need to be better at this, that I'm a christian so I ought to speak like this or talk this way or give off a certain persona. I waste tons of time thinking about what I should be or need to be that I have lost sight of the one thing I know to be true. I am His child. Nothing else even matters. At the end of the day we are all His children. All lost, yet somehow all found in the arms of mercy if we so choose. He doesn't want anything but for us to let Him love us so that we may share that love with people who have never known something so sweet. To be broken for the cause of Christ is far more beautiful that to continually try to hold ourselves together in an already broken world.

Father, may your word continue to be the lamp at my feet. May you guide me step for step, in a rush for nothing, but with a desire that is running.

No comments:

Post a Comment