Saturday, February 5, 2011

There is no Joy without the Joy Giver

Another thought. I have been going through this kind of funk, if you will. Everything was going great and yet I had not joy. It was frustrating me. Not because I just wanted to feel "awesome" all the time, but because no matter how good things seemed to be going, I felt empty and almost bitter. Why? I kept asking myself.. and nothing seemed to fit together just right.

Yesterday I went for a walk/jog in the cold. It was surprisingly refreshing and there in the freezing wind, the revelations started hitting me like a ton of bricks. I think I already hit on it some when I talked about God revealing how selfish I am, but I am going to go there again because it has a great importance. You see, to spite the fact that I was involved in ministry, never missed a sunday, even teaching in His name, there is no joy in that if I am doing it for any reason other than to bring Him glory. When I wasn't doing those things I would notice that the things I said to people were almost down right mean. People that have known me for years would even notice that my joy was gone. It was ugly and I knew it, infact I hated it.

"A good man brings good things out of good stored up in his heart, and an evil mans brings out evil things from evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of." -Luke 6:45

If you are not truly filling yourself up with Him, than you start expelling nothing but your own emptiness. I speak only from experience friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment