Monday, February 7, 2011

So Legit and So Extremely True

Another reblog from someone else, but it will be for someone. So please read it in case that someone is you.

"I wake up in my own tension daily. Slept through the time I had planned for You and I can hear the accusing one sitting on my shoulder, an inch from me, his voice is like acid, seething yet smooth. It masquerades as truth and yet,

I sit and wait for it. Distorted truth, so tailored, sewn to fit me snug like a straight jacket. Bound, I put my own arms in the sleeves.

'Look at your brokenness.
Look at it. Look at your pieces.
Unlovable.

Look at your situation.
Too many unknowns and fears to move.
You're paralyzed, hopeless.

Look at your emotions.
Too many of them too spread out, most of them wrong.
Some barely exist.

He said you were made for love, did He mean it? He said you were made for Him, did it mean it? Is He really happy with you? How could He be? You've seen yourself.'

And when I am looking at Him, the accuser throws more distractions my way. A blatant attempt to keep me from Him. To keep me closed off and alone.

But my Beloved,
He is King.
And my Beloved,

His eyes are flames of fire, and if you saw how jealous they are for me,
you could not stand in His presence.
I know His eyes are mine and His heart is for me.
And He took my sin

He took it, along with your twisted words and lies void of hope that you've been screaming at me for twenty something years.
Nothing can keep me from Him,
Not my pain, not your lies, not sickness, nor death, not shame, not my sin, not even my own complacency.
Nothing can keep me from the love of my Father.

Oh Beloved, You are the glue that holds me together. Help me to remember when my eye avert You, when I run, when I quench Your spirit and fall apart, You have not left.
You never leave."

No comments:

Post a Comment