Friday, February 4, 2011

Rid me of myself

I had a dream the other night that I was having a conversation with someone that I really respect and always listen to. We were sitting in the middle of a room full of our friends but they were all asleep so we had to whisper. He looked me straight in the eyes and said I don't want you to say the name Lord, anymore unless you mean it. I remember being confused by what he said and kind of offended.

Mean it? Do I not always mean it?

I started thinking about the way I pray and the context I use when I'm talking about Him. I realized pretty quickly that sometimes I don't mean it. Sometimes I use His name to my advantage, not to glorify Him but in a way to glorify myself.

What an ugly thing to realize about yourself, luckily realizing it means I am perfectly capable of changing it.

Rid me of myself, Lord. I belong to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment