Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A resounding theme

It's almost becoming a resounding theme of my blog. Yep, you guessed it. Elisabeth Elliot again. While reading Keep a Quiet Heart today, I came to a conclusion. Of all the things I've gotten from reading her words the most important is probably the most simple. God, as complex as He is, does not speak to us complexly. Sometimes God gives us a disinct direction and we choose to worry about the how and whys and circumstances. None of that matters though.

When He says "Go" we are only to go, not to understand and then go, just go. When He says, "No, not right now, wait on Me" we are not to complain, or try to make it happen on our own. His answers are not to be over thought, analyzed or altered for our liking, they are simply to be done.

Why do we make this so hard? I'm still working on that answer, but in the mean time, I will love, pray and ask not what is next for me but what I can do next for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment