Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Untainted Eyes

After class tonight with my 5th, 6th, and 7th grade girls I was standing around chatting with a few of them. One girl, Brinkley (I love her name so I never forget it) wasn't saying much. She just stared at me, so I gave her my attention assuming she had a question to ask.

All she said was, "I can't take my eyes off you, you're beautiful."

I say this humbly, her words were so pure and genuine that they penetrated all of my self prospective walls. This little girl made me truly feel beautiful. It makes my eyes well up with moisture that I wish I were better able to conceal.

The Lord's really been revealing to me how much He likes to use children and their faith that requires no knowledge or logic. Children believe without reason and that gives them the ability to trust and ingest things that maturation often steals.

This girl said I was beautiful without cliche', without vanity, without ulterior motive, without corrupted perspective and that is why my spirit let it pass so freely to the very core of who I am. I recognized that she could see what I can't see. We are all beautiful, but to hear it so unadulterated, gave me for a brief moment, a glimpse of myself through the untainted eyes of a child. I am thankful for that.

2 comments: