Monday, April 18, 2011

Jesus doesn't studder

"Jesus' word remain or abide (in Him, in His love), repeated ten times in John 15, means being at home in Him, living constantly in His presence and in harmony with His will."

Well, to continue my Elliot theme, I have yet another quote that I wanted to share. I have been meaning to read John 15 for weeks now and for some reason, I hadn't until today. If you haven't read it, no, actually even if you have read it lately, get your bible out and read it again. When Jesus repeats things, it's not because the man had a studder, it's because whatever it is, is very important.

(My secret theory is that He knew people, like myself, with ADD would need it repeated multiple times before it finally sinks in.)

Like a broken record His voice answers my never ending questions and thoughts,

I'm worried..
"Abide in Me."

I don't know what I'm doing..
"Abide in my word"

But how is this going to work?
"Kendall, remain in me and I'll remain in you."

That's it?
"When you obey me, you remain in my love, where my love is, my joy is also."
ohh..

No comments:

Post a Comment