Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bad day


What an awful day. So many things went wrong in such a small period of time. Somehow I found myself missing work sitting in my broken down car just crying while hundreds of dollars are getting charged to my student account because I forgot to return my books yesterday. Yeah, one of those days and those were only a few of the things, the rest are a bit too personal to touch on. I hate crying. I used to cry a lot in high school but in college, not so much. My skin has gotten a lot thicker since then and I have gotten unbelievably good at holding stuff in and walking with my head up. Today, on the other hand, I felt completely defeated. Not only that, I felt like nothing I did could help me win, as if my fate was always to lose. And that's coming from Ms. Optimistic so you know it was rough. I always see the brighter side, but today I just needed to wallow in my misery for a little while and accept that sometimes I cannot conquer the world by myself. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. I've just got to keep telling myself that, but goodness today sucked.

"It's okay to cry..... it's okay to cry. Take a deep breath. You're allowed to get upset. Stop trying to pretend it's okay. It doesn't have to always be okay. You will be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment