Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gordon Family, I love you.


Once again, here I am procrastinating.. in my own defense I think I do my best work under pressure. My grades on my recent papers have proven that to be true so, for now, I will bank on that. (It's 9:30 PM and I have a paper due as my final in a class at 8:00AM.. should make for quite a thrill)


Anyway. My bestfriend just found out that her sister's cancer is back for the third time. Both girls could be put in the most beautiful girls I've ever met category. Actually, I adore that whole family. Though I've only been close to Tori for about a year, whatever we have could very well be classified as rare and unique because of how honest we are with eachother. In girl world, we have a lot of 'best friends' so when I call Tori that I want you to understand, she is one of the few exceptions. She is the real deal. I could murder someone and she would be the first person I'd run too bloody hands and all because I know she'd stand by me at my worst. (That was an extreme example, but you get the picture.) So, with all that said, hearing about her sister today made me sick to my stomach.

In moments like that you can have hundred people write on your Facebook wall, another hundred text you uplifting bible verses and fifty more mail you sympathy letters, but Anna is still sick and at the end of the day it still sucks. It's hard to walk next to someone whose burden is so heavy the ground might as well shake when they walk. There are no words. Only prayers, true ones said on your knees, in your secret place, or all throughout the day if you're that kind of prayer warrior. Too many people throw around, "I'll be praying for you.." when bad things happen to good people, but it means nothing unless someone is actually doing it.
So, this is me asking you personally to join me and the many others in this battle for Anna. If you are a prayer warrior, pray for the Gordons. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment